People ask me how I got into podcasting and broadcast radio. Total fluke. Today, I’m sharing the ghastly story of being offered my own daily morning talk radio show on 106.7 WSRT. I had zero experience, and didn’t even listen to radio other than NPR. This was NOT NPR.
I was scared to death, excited beyond belief and completely on my own to make it work. Imagine that you had always loved the idea of flying a plane and were handed the keys to a jet. Like that.
There is much more to this story, more lessons than I share here and certainly more people who eventually came to my aid and helped me to believe in myself and were gracious enough to teach a rookie how to do her job.
Bottomline: Sometimes, awesome and incredible opportunities will just land in your lap. Ignore the fear and make the most of it. The alternative is to play it safe, say no and always wonder “What if?”
A note from Mary Rogers:
Hi! Thank you for listening to my show. If you enjoyed it, please join my Experience 50 Community.
- Subscribe to Experience 50 Podcast For Midlife on iTunes or whichever podcast player you prefer
- Browse the Library of archived podcast episodes. Here is the most listened to episode of all
- Join my email list
- Check out the full website
- Like our Facebook page
- Join our Midlife Community Group on Facebook
- Get Mary’s $5 ebook Making Midlife Easier: Five Powerful Phrases To Lean On
- Become a patron of Experience 50 from $2 per month.