Finding the right Alzheimer’s Cocktail
How many time’s have you thought “OMG, I’m getting Alzheimer’s!”, when you lose your car keys, forget a password or can’t recall somebody’s name?
In this episode, we get to do some myth busting on preventing diminished cognition or Alzheimer’s Disease with Kate Pierce, LMSW, Alzheimer’s Association- Michigan Chapter.
There are plenty of good reasons to fear old age. For most of us, if we will live to a ripe old age, we pray that we’ll enjoy good health and mental fitness to our last breath. Suffering from any degree of dementia, severe cognitive disability, or Alzheimer’s Disease is a major concern.
So, what can you do?
- Special diet?
- Should I stop using aluminum pans?
- Can I still use antiperspirant?
- What about the fillings in my teeth?
- Did you hear about the Chinese Moss that stops Alzheimer’s?
- How about coconut oil? Ginko Biloba? Crossword puzzles?
In addition to learning what works AND what doesn’t, Kate shares how you can help in the fight to find a curethrough their Trial Match program. Researchers need YOU and ME to participate in short and long-term studies to aid them in finding a vaccine or cure for this gripping disease.
Still Alice starring Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin and Kristen Stewart
Current Alzheimer’s statistics – March 2017
- More than 5 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease.
- Alzheimer’s is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States.
- Every 66 seconds, someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s.
- One-third of people age 85 or older have Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
- Approximately 200,000 Americans under age 65 have Alzheimer’s disease.
Source: Alzheimer’s Association
For further information and support, contact the Alzheimer’s Association
24/7 Helpline number 1.800.272.3900