Today’s show begins with my sentiments on American individualism, (#wearamask). You can read my published guest column in Northern Express.
Then we are off, ramping up to our first Virtual Book Club! I’ve selected Why Bother? Discover the Desire for What’s Next
To introduce you to my featured author, I am sharing a portion of Jennifer Louden’s interview from April or 2019 when she spoke with me during her writing of Why Bother. Check out the full episode: E154 Mary’s Girl Crush
In her most profound and personal book yet, self-care pioneer and bestselling author Jennifer Louden reveals how, in the face of depression, compassion fatigue, global crises, or personal failures, asking “why bother?” can bring you renewed purpose and meaning. In fact, it may be the most important question you ever ask yourself.
Who should read Why Bother, and why?
• Anyone, facing a transition in their lives
• Women aged forty to sixty, facing a new chapter of their lives, and searching for new meaning and purpose
• Creative-thinking women who prioritize making the most of their lives
• Mothers of older teenagers and empty-nesters ready to shift focus back to themselves
• Readers and followers of self-care and personal-growth experts such as Oprah, Elizabeth Gilbert, and Brené Brown
• Activists and politically engaged citizens experiencing compassion fatigue and burnout
First things first, Get your copy of Why Bother? Discover the Desire for What’s Next
- I truly appreciate it when listeners use my amazon affiliate links for purchases. Thanks!
- Listen to the Audiobook at no cost when you use my link for a free Audible trial membership:
Already an Amazon Prime Member, Great!
- Our Video Interview scheduled for Wednesday, July 15, 2020, at 12:00 PM (Noon) EDT.
- All Patrons at the $5 or higher level will receive their private link and instructions to participate on July 2 or on the day they become a Patron. You will be automatically muted and your video camera will be turned off until we begin our discussion. You will be able to utilize chat.
- Mary will be interviewing Jennifer for 20-30 minutes then, at about 12:25 PM EDT, bringing everyone on screen and opening the mic for questions.
- This online event will be recorded and produced as a full Experience 50 Podcast episode scheduled to release on Friday, July 24th.