Midlife Therapy with Diann Wingert, LCSW
Diann Wingert is a licensed clinical social worker and board-certified diplomate in clinical social work. In 2010, she launched her private practice in Pasadena, California, specializing in working with women during their transition to midlife. In this episode, Mary and Diann discuss what midlifers describe as a recurring if not constant gut feeling that “something’s not right”, also referred to as the “restless” or uncomfortable” feeling that comes at midlife that brings both men and women in midlife to the therapists’ office.
What you’ll learn about midlife emotions and that unsettled feeling:
- Is this normal or just ME?
- The #1 piece of advice when you feel unsettled
- Midlife Crisis vs. Midlife Transition
- Symptoms of unsuccessfully transitioning into midlife
- The 3 things that make you happy and how they change at midlife
- Shifting personal values vs. circumstances
- Dealing with regrets
- Most divorces over 50 are initiated by women
- Why you should talk to friends and family about your feelings
- How to respond to that unsettled feeling? What team will you be on?
- The power of your thoughts
- The proper mindset to living the next chapter of your life
- What if you are stuck, how to start making changes in your life
- Tools to “reimagine your life”
- Baby steps to Shaking it Up
- Becoming comfortable with change in who you are, OR ELSE
- Putting yourself first
- How to renegotiate your relationships
- You are not an older version of your younger self, you are becoming a new person
- The signs that you would benefit from counseling
To learn more about Diann, her practice and coaching opportunities, please visit: www.diannwingert.com
The following books were mentioned during this podcast:
The 4 Hour Work Week: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich, by Timothy Ferriss
The Female Brain, by Louann Brizendine
Thanks so much for joining me today.
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Great! Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Experience 50 Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They make a huge impact on the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. You may even hear me read it on a future show.
If you have any questions or suggestions to share with me, you can reach me at email@example.com. I read and enjoy every email.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates. It’s free!
Thank you so much for listening,